Our MedsCheckTM program is offered free of charge to those who qualify.
- A resident of Ontario with a valid Health Card?
- Currently taking 3 or more chronic prescription medications?
If so, you qualify!
How long will this take?
- The consultation should take 20-30 minutes
What should I bring to my appointment?
- A list of your current medications including over the counter medications, vitamins, supplements and herbal remedies
- Your pill bottles and pill boxes • A list of allergies and medicines that have caused you to have a reaction
- A list of results from any home testing you do such as for your blood sugar or blood pressure
What can I expect from this appointment?
- This service will help you to better understand your medications and how to take them. You may ask questions or discuss any concerns you have about your prescriptions!
- You will gain knowledge in how to use diet, exercise, and medications to best manage your blood sugar
- You will also receive an accurate and complete MedsCheck Personal Medication Record to bring with you to your next hospital or physician visit.
What education is involved?
- A free consultation with a pharmacist to review your current medications
- Free ongoing monthly follow ups including nutrition counselling and discussion of blood sugar results
- Ongoing blood glucose monitor consultations for most effective usage
- Diabetes disease education including management of emergencies (hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia), foot care, eye care, and disease progression